Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Yamato Bakery Cafe Blue Bay Walk


Having been LITERALLY born and raised inside a bakery, the love for bread is inherent in me. I couldn't be more excited when I found out that Yamato Bakery Cafe is opening within the area.



Yamato Bakery Cafe is a Japanese style bakery that came from the operators of UCC and Mitsuyado Sei-Men, hence the same opening date for all three.




A wave of nostalgia swept over me upon the greeting of that ever familiar smell of freshly baked bread.

cafe interior
cake display
sweet and savory breads and pastries
more breads
ready made sandwiches and drinks
at the back of the cafe is an open kitchen where all their bread are baked

My bread expertise, almost like a sixth sense, told me that the croissants should be good. Since the ambiance at UCC Clockwork is more conducive for hanging out, I requested that my orders be sent over to my table next door.

mini croissants: maple (Php 18), chocolate (Php 23) and green tea (Php 28)

I also got a choux cream pastry for EJ and a chocolate mousse cup for Amara.


choux cream pastry (Php 80)
chocolate mousse cup (Php 120)

I wasn't surprised to find out that everything was good. The choux pastry and cream filling were light and airy, just the way they should be. The croissants were buttery, flaky and light, not at all oily. Raves on the green tea croissant, simply the best out of all that I've tasted. I'm not a fan of chocolate mousse, but this one wasn't bad either.

Other items worth noting are:

okonomiyaki (Php 60)
nori sushi (Php 80)
wafu hamburger (Php 75)

Yamato breads have passed the incredibly high standards I set when it comes to breads and pastries. As early as now, I am already planning what to try on my next visit :)

Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 5/5
Taste: 5/5
Price: 4/5

Yamato Bakery Cafe
Blue Bay Walk
Diosdado Macapagal Avenue
Pasay City

opening hours:
Monday through Sunday: 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.

22 Jupiter St.
Bel Air, Makati
Tel: (02) 5511390

opening hours:
Monday through Sunday: 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment